Quick Links

*** Pictures *** Videos *** DIY *** About Me

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bug Pictures

Mountain Man Bob has done more work on the Bug, it's paint job is now complete, at least for now, that is subject to change. The other thing he has been doing is working on the inside. He removed the back seat and I was amazed to see more air and rust than metal. The floorpans are nearly non-existent. MMB cut out the part over the transmission and replaced it with a sheet of aluminum, he cut it, bent it using a piece of railroad tie for an anvil and a rubber mallet. I helped by standing on the metal as he hit it. It is nearly a perfect fit. You can see a picture of one of my favorite magazines on the new metal, Mother Earth News. You can also see a copy of the book I am reviewing (I'm nearly done James, I promise!), it's called MAKESHIFT WORKSHOP SKILLS FOR SURVIVAL AND SELF-RELIANCE written by James Ballou.

The book can be found here:
http://paladinpress.com/product/1150/82


Wretha

Thanks for visiting!
.
.
.
.
.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bob, nice job on the bug. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Seth, it's been a fun watching the transformation. MMB is working on it now, I think... ;)

    ReplyDelete

SPAMMERS BEWARE - your garbage will NEVER SHOW!

I love comments, but not spam, all comments are moderated, your comment will appear shortly. Thanks.