Quick Links

*** Pictures *** Videos *** DIY *** About Me

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Paying For My Internet Habits

Updated March 13, 2011

Blatantly asking for your help, if you want to... :)

Before I moved out here, I checked on ways to make money on line, all I wanted to do was make enough to pay for my internet habits (ISP, domains, hosting...). A few months before we moved, I found a way to earn money from clicking ads on websites. Not just any websites though, these sites are called "PTC" or "Pay To Click" sites, these sites basically pay you to click on ads, the ads usually open up in a new tab or window and you have to keep that tab or window open for 30 seconds (some less, some more), many of them then ask you to type in a randomly created code, or ask you to click on a link to close the window, this proves you kept the ad page opened for the requested length of time. Generally you get paid a penny (1 cent) per ad, some pay even better than that, 1.5 to 2 cents per ad, some do email ads (they send the ad to your email address) and those usually pay more, up to 5 cents per ad.

I have all the PTC sites I belong to bookmarked, I open each on in a new tab (I use Firefox, you can do the same thing with Explorer), I sign in to each one, them I click on an ad for the first one, it opens in a new tab, then I go to the second PTC site, I click on an ad, it opens up in a new tab, I continue doing this until I have cycled through all the PTC sites I belong to, then I go to the first ad tab that opened up, by then, usually the timer has counted down, I do actually look at the page, the advertiser did just pay you to actually look at their site so it's only fair to them to look at the page. Then I do whatever is required to prove I looked at the page, some ask you to click on something to close the page, some ask you to type in a randomly generated code, some just say the time is up, you can close the window/tab. I do that for each ad that is opened, then I repeat the whole thing until no more ads are available to be clicked on. Some of the PTC sites have lots of ads to click on each day, some not as much, I check these sites each time I get on the internet, once the ads are exhausted, I refresh the page from time to time to check and see if there are any new ads to click on. Some of these sites also have other ways to make money, many of them have paid surveys, some have paid offers (some free, some require payment, I only do the free ones UNLESS it's something I would have been buying anyhow).

Getting paid a penny (plus or minus) per ad doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it adds up over time, these sites pay out once you reach a certain dollar amount, some as low as $5 to $10, some make you wait until you accumulate $40 or more. The trick is to sign up for multiple sites and use tabs on Windows Explorer or Firefox to run multiple sites at the same time, the other way to earn more money is to get people to sign up on these sites using you as a reference, the really good sites will pay you 50% or 100% of what your referrals earn.

This is where you come in, if you are someone who surfs the internet (the more time you spend on line the better), and you are interested in making some extra money (and help me at the same time), use the links I post below and sign up for these PTC sites, you can do this at the same time you are surfing on the internet, if you decide you don't like it, you can always stop.

Oh, I forgot to say, these sites are FREE to join, now most of them do have upgraded memberships that cost to join, I have paid to upgrade my membership on some of them, and it has been worth it, it usually gets you more ads to click on and usually means you get paid more per click. I have been paid by most of the ones I belong to, I used to belong to over 40 of these types of sites, but a lot of them paid in fractions of a cent, not worth my time, I quit going to most of them and focused on the ones that paid at least a penny per ad, AND actually paid out.

I suggest getting a separate email address and use it for these sites, I use Gmail, you can use Hotmail or another web based email account. You will also need to get a PayPal account if you don't have one yet, some of them will pay with checks too, you just need to check out how they pay.

Here are the ones I belong to and use on a daily basis.

Adbux doesn't exist anymore, I'm leaving this in the hopes they will come back.
http://adbux.org/?r=TreasureGift
Been paid 2x, I am an upgraded member (I paid to be upgraded), they used to pay out via PayPal, but now they send payments through another company that works like PayPal, it seems that PP is getting away from the PTC sites, I didn't want to use this other company at first, but since I have been paid by Adbux, I didn't want to lose out on this one, so if you choose to sign up for Adbux (and I highly recommend it).
The minimum payout is $10.00

http://www.clixsense.com/?2111898
Been paid once 2x, they send checks, I am an upgraded member, it's WORTH it to upgrade with this one, if you only upgrade with one PTC site, this is the one to do, upgraded members get more ads, when I upgraded, it took me nearly a week to click on all the ads that appeared. My upgrade is about to expire, I WILL be paying to upgrade again. The minimum payout is $10.00

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?TreasureGift
I just reached my first payout but haven't been paid yet, I expect to receive payment any time, they pay through PayPal. They give you a signup bonus of $10.00 to start out with. Their minimum payout is $25.00

http://wordlinx.com/?r=11956
I haven't reach payout with them yet, but I'm close, they pay through PayPal, their minimum payout is $10.00.

http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=treasuregift
I've been paid once through them, they send email ads, surveys, paid offers, games, lots more. The minimum payout is $30.00, they pay by check. You are automatically upgraded once you receive your first payment, you do not have to pay anything to be an upgraded member.




There are lots of other PTC sites to join, but beware of those who have not been around very long, it's easy to create one of these sites, but if the owner is not good at what they do, they may go down, it usually happens when you are close to payout (grrrr!), that has happened to me, that's why I have narrowed my PTC memberships to those who have actually paid and have been around for a while (and are stable).

If you do plan on joining these, please do it through the links above, I get credit for you joining under me, you will make more money if you get people to sign up under you. One thing I did was trade out with my sister, I would join up on some first and get her to sign up under me, and some I would get her to join first then I would join under her, that way we both benefited from each other.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

3 Comments


Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wretha, I'm not into this stuff, but I have a friend who might be. I sent a link to this post to her. TheMajor'sLady www.lornkanaga.livejournal.com
April 20, 2008 7:38 PM
Delete
Blogger Wretha said...
Thanks The Major'sLady! I appreciate it very much. :) Wretha
April 20, 2008 7:59 PM
Delete
Blogger Wretha said...
Thanks to everyone who has joined up through my link to the PTC sites, every little bit helps. :) Wretha
April 20, 2008 8:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Wretha,

    I'm not into this stuff, but I have a friend who might be. I sent a link to this post to her.

    TheMajor'sLady
    www.lornkanaga.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks The Major'sLady! I appreciate it very much. :)

    Wretha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to everyone who has joined up through my link to the PTC sites, every little bit helps. :)

    Wretha

    ReplyDelete

SPAMMERS BEWARE - your garbage will NEVER SHOW!

I love comments, but not spam, all comments are moderated, your comment will appear shortly. Thanks.