Quick Links

*** Pictures *** Videos *** DIY *** About Me

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Snow, more pix, helping out...

03-04-08

We had an interesting few days, it's been warm, nice, perfect weather, then yesterday, it snowed, all day, but it was so light that it didn't really stick, it was pretty though, nothing like seeing snow in the high desert mountains. :) Sorry, no pix of the snow, I took the day off from everything, I got up long enough to eat and use the toilet, it was a very lazy day for me, I slept most of the day. By the time I got up for good, the sun had come out and the snow that did stick, had mostly melted off. We ate dinner at our neighbor's house and had a pretty good time, good food, good company, TV and the internet, what more could one ask for? ;)

Last weekend, we went to our friend's new place, I have a few pix of us, Bob and I and our neighbor (who is our very best friend out here!), we are sitting on top of another mountain, I took the opportunity to take a pic of myself, I hate having my picture taken, I tend to hide behind the camera (grin), but I am fairly happy with the pictures (mark it on the calendar, that doesn't happen very often).


Here's Bob


Here's Bob and our neighbor (and very good friend)


Anyhoo, we have been helping our friends get their house ready to be lived in, it's an 80s model single wide mobile home, it's not too bad, a little water damage, mostly on the edges of the floor, we helped pull carpet (shag carpet), paint walls and clean. This place had been empty for many years and it had been home to mice and various other animals, they caught a ring tailed cat inside too, they are messy, nasty creatures, at least if they are inside your house they can be... It will be a cute place when they are finished with it. They are getting 11 acres on top of a mountain, very pretty view but the ride up is pretty rough, you almost have to have 4 wheel drive, our bug does it pretty well, I can't imagine driving up and down every day though. Oh, I almost forgot, they fed us a great BBQ meal for helping, we would have done it anyway, but it was nice to eat a good meal with good friends and a great view.

Here is the view from their property




Today, we went to town, we were going to the post office, and missed it by 13 minutes! Darn, small towns, I forget that they roll up the sidewalks earlier in the day. We will have to go again tomorrow, bummer, it's quite a drive into town, heck it's a 12 mile round trip just to go to the mail boxes out by the main road. Oh well... :)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

2 Comments

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis,

I see you and Bob have done so much. I enjoy reading your blog. Glad you are enjoying your new home. Hope to see you soon.

Love ya & miss ya

Alma

March 9, 2008 9:07 PM

Delete
Blogger Wretha said...

Hi Sis! I miss all of you very much, we are planning on mbuilding a guest house, Bob will start it soon, we have nearly everything we need to complete it, so when all of you come out, you will have a place to stay, with a great view! :)

Wretha

March 11, 2008 9:45 PM

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis,

    I see you and Bob have done so much. I enjoy reading your blog. Glad you are enjoying your new home. Hope to see you soon.

    Love ya & miss ya

    Alma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sis! I miss all of you very much, we are planning on mbuilding a guest house, Bob will start it soon, we have nearly everything we need to complete it, so when all of you come out, you will have a place to stay, with a great view! :)

    Wretha

    ReplyDelete

SPAMMERS BEWARE - your garbage will NEVER SHOW!

I love comments, but not spam, all comments are moderated, your comment will appear shortly. Thanks.